Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Smartest Kid

Charlotte: I'm the smartest kid in my class.
Me: How do you know?
Charlotte: I'm the only one that spells my name and knows the blessings.
Me: The blessings?  You pray at school?
Charlotte (rolling her eyes): No, plussing.  You know, like 6+6=12.
Me: Oh, that is smart, Charlotte.
Charlotte: I know, I have to teach all the kids plus the teachers.  Miss Lisa and Miss Shuli are the hardest to work with.
Me: You have to teach the teachers?
Charlotte: Yes, because I am smarter than them.  They don't know anything.  I have so much to teach them.
Me: Wow.  That must be hard work.
Charlotte: Yes.

Later at dinner...

Charlotte: I don't really teach the class. I was just joking...you know, like make believe. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, but she had one thing right: teaching teachers is hard! We know everything. Charlotte just might be on her way to being a teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete