Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Brain Activity

Long after the girls should have been asleep for the night...

Emma: Mom, can I ask you a question?

Me: Yes, Emma.  (Yes, I sounded annoyed.)

Emma: Where do wolves live?

Me: They live in forests and mountains.  They don't live where we are.

Emma:  Wolves scare me.

Me: Well, stop thinking about them.  I've told you before they don't live here and they aren't going to get you.

Emma: Well, I just can't stop thinking about them.

Charlotte: Well, you need to turn your brain off. When I go to bed, I turn my brain off.  Then, I just don't dream about wolves or anything.

Emma: Well, I'm not you and I can't turn my brain off.

Charlotte: Well, when I get in bed, I turn my brain off.  When I get up in the morning, I turn my brain on for learning when I go to school.  When I get home, I turn my brain on for lollipops.  Then, when I'm watching something, I turn it off.

This is proof that TV kills brain cells....if a five year old realizes she turns her brain off when she is watching something.

1 comment: