Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pollution

I'm glad to know that my girls care about the environment.  The following conversation occurred on the way from my office to the parking garage.

Charlotte (horrified):  Emma!  Emma!  Look at this...pizza on the ground.

(The girls walk a few more steps forward.)

Charlotte (about to blow a fuse):  EMMA!  Will you look at this?  More litter.  There is just trash and litter all over the ground.

Emma (shaking her head):  Teenagers are just so stubborn.  All they care about is skateboarding and makeup. They don't care about the animals that have to live with this pollution.  I hate school, but even I know not to screw around in school.  I listened when they talked about pollution.  I know not to pollute.  Well, I don't really hate school.

I really got a chuckle out of Emma talking about stubborn teenagers.  They were blaming the littering on the college students, but don't realize that there are lots of people walking through the campus and hanging about the outskirts all the time.  It's hard to say who was responsible for all that pollution.

No comments:

Post a Comment