Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cristina's Reaction to My Weekend Run

The last two weeks were so busy that I couldn't quite manage to get all the runs in that I was supposed to with the training plan I'm using.  On Saturday, despite lackluster training during the week, I went out for a six mile run.  I was out the door before 6 a.m.  The weather was so refreshing compared to the last weekend long runs that I have done.  I kept thinking that it was amazing the difference in running in 55 degrees versus 80 degrees.  I ended up finishing 6.77 miles and cut another 25 seconds off my mile average.  I felt really great when I came back in the house after running.

I walk in the door and Cristina gives me a concerned look.  She says, "Are you okay, Mama?  Did you fall?  Did you hurt your head?  Are you okay?  Did you fall on the ground?  Are you hurt?  Does your head hurt?"  She kept at this line of questioning for several minutes even after I told her that I went running and was fine.  Apparently, I looked like someone who had injured myself.  I'm hoping my appearance improves before the finish line of the half-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment