Monday, October 31, 2011

Charlotte's Birthday

October was a rough month and I didn't have much time for blogging.  Since I totally missed Charlotte's birthday, I figured I'd better get it in today before we are on to a totally new month.  The thing I love about Charlotte is that she is super easy to please.  She doesn't spend a lot of time obsessing about her birthday and just enjoys whatever happens.  We started off the morning with pancakes.  Charlotte loves pancakes and when she asked so sweetly for them for her birthday, I couldn't resist.

Charlotte decided to have her birthday party at school with her friends. She requested a Dora cake, which had to be store bought.  She was excited with the result.
We promised to take her to Chuck E Cheese's after school, so that Emma could celebrate with her.  Charlotte had a lot of fun playing skeeball and I loved how she would jump up and down and celebrate everytime she got a ball in.


After dinner at Charlotte's favorite restaurant, Chick-fil-A, we went home to open presents.  Charlotte requested a Dora scooter for her birthday.  Unfortunately, we weren't able to find one, but did snag this great Princess two-wheeled scooter.  Charlotte is a speed demon on a scooter and needed one bigger than her Spiderman scooter and this one was great.
Finally, we ended the evening with candles and cupcakes, since candles weren't allowed at school.  As every kid knows, you only get older when you blow out candles, so Charlotte had to do just that!  I can't believe our crazy Charlotte is five years old.  She is such a funny kid.  I love her creative, spunky spirit.  She brings lots of excitement to our house. Happy 5th Birthday to Charlotte Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment