Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Dollar Tree

The girls are not very good at holding on to their money.  When they get their allowance, they beg and beg to be taken to The Dollar Tree - or as Brian calls it "China Tree."  Brian and I hate going to The Dollar Tree.  Pretty much the only thing I hate more is listening to the girls beg to go there.  When they asked this morning, I decided I didn't want to have to listen to their pleas all day, so I told them we'd take them on the way home from church.  They were, of course, ecstatic and ran to get their dollars.

When we get to The Dollar Tree, the girls are slowly walking up and down the aisles - contemplating the merits of each and every item.  After a few minutes, Emma and Charlotte head to the kid section and I'm walking with Cristina through the store.  She has selected a plastic necklace with interchangeable charms and is holding it close to her heart.  Then, we walk by a display of artificial flowers and potted plants. 

Cristina: Flowers!  (Sniffing very deeply).  Just what I thought - flowers!  (Sniffing the artificial flowers.)  I love flowers.

Then, she hands me the necklace and selects an artificial potted sunflower.  She says, while smelling the flower, "I'm going to show Daddy my flowers."  She was so excited.  I'm glad a $1 fake plant can bring so much happiness.  

Here she is with her flower....


This is her smelling her flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment