Thursday, January 30, 2014

Before We Were Born

I've read on more than one occasion that family dinners are a great way to build relationships and keep your family intact.  I have to say that for us, family dinners are a source of amusement and great stories.  Here is a snapshot of the conversation at our dinner table last night.

Emma: I have this dream that I have like once a week.  I keep dreaming that I am in heaven waiting for God to find the perfect parents for me.  Charlotte is there too and we are best friends -

Charlotte: Yay!  We're best friends.

Emma: It took so long for God to find the perfect parents for us.

Kristina: Seriously! We were waiting for a long time.

Emma: Yes, but it was okay because we got the best parents in the world.  [Bonus points for Emma!]  When I finally came down the chute, I was so happy to have you as my parents.

Charlotte: Yeah, but when you left, I was like waaaahhh, I'm all alone now.  Then, I finally got sent down.  Before I was born, I was like, aaaaahhh, I'm in the belly of some giant beast.  Then, I came out and was like, waaahhh, I can't walk and these people are giant.

Kristina: Geez, Charlotte, thanks a lot.

Charlotte: Well, I didn't know you then.  Being born was like an earthquake and everything was so scary.  I love you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment