Saturday, January 25, 2014

Count Your Penny Blessings

This morning, I was out walking Maggie with Charlotte.  We were about halfway up the hill from our house, when Charlotte spotted a penny on the ground.  Ten steps later, she found a nickel.

Me: Wow, Charlotte, you're rich!

Charlotte: Well, if I lived in pioneer times, I could buy something at the Oleson's Mercantile.

We walk a little farther and Charlotte found two more pennies.  Then, I spotted a penny on the ground and picked it up.  So, we were up to nine cents.

Me: You know, when I'm out running, I always see pennies and I think I should pick them up so I can be rich.

Charlotte (proceeding delicately):  Well...you probably wouldn't be rich with money, but you would be rich in blessings!

We walked all the way to the end of the neighborhood and turned around to head back home.  On the way back, Charlotte spotted another penny and then I found a dime.

Charlotte: You know, there is no need to go to the bank for money, when you can just pick it right up off the ground.  Who needs a bank!?

All in all, it was a profitable walk and I was reminded that Charlotte is just one of my many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment