Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Belated Birthday Blog for Cristina

I've realized for awhile now that I missed a birthday blog for Cristina.  Let's face it, the child has a crappy birthday - December 26.  Everyone is too hung over from Christmas cookies and presents to even consider birthday cake and birthday presents.  I admit that even I have to dig deep to find the motivation to bake a birthday cake on Christmas day.  But, since I am an amazing mom and all, I make sure to deliver for my little post-Christmas baby, Cristina.   Well, I delivered a cake, but it takes me three weeks to write a blog.

Anyway, Cristina is finally three.  I think it is quite fitting that at three, she has reached the third percentile for height and weight.  In short (pun intended), we have a little midget on our hands.  While short in stature, she is not short on personality.  The child is hilarious. She has a funny little sense of humor and loves to give hugs, kisses, and attach herself like a magnet to her parents.  She wants desperately to keep up with her big sisters and when she can't, she is more than happy to torture the one younger than her.  She loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Scooby Doo, and dressing up like a princess....and going out dressed like that.
We love our little princess and especially love to hear her talk.  She has the highest little voice and it sometimes takes me a second to figure out what she is saying, but it doesn't stop her from talking.  Her favorite time to talk to me is when I am in the shower.  "Mommy, are you in there?  Are you done yet? Are you okay?"  Such a sweet, compassionate girl!  In this picture, she is hugging a snowman that was part of a store display.  The display also had a inflatable merry-go-round with Mickey and friends that she really wanted to ride and I had to convince her that it wasn't for kids. You can just see it in the background.
We can't wait to see what fun Cristina will bring to our lives in 2012.  Doesn't she just look like fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment