Monday, January 2, 2012

What I learned from Streaking

Okay, now that I have your attention, let me just say I am not referring to running around naked.  The streak I am referring to is the Runner's World challenge to run at least one mile every day from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day.

1) The hardest part of working out consistently is getting started.  Once I made it to the gym or out into the neighborhood, it wasn't hard to get a mile in and I'd say more often than not I did more than the minimum.

2) It is easier to run in rain than in wind.  The rain does add to the chill factor in December, but is no comparison to 25 mph wind gusts.

3) I really do dislike small yapping dogs.  Once in my neighborhood, a little dog was yapping all around my heels and I'm sure I looked ridiculous trying to get away from it. The same thing happened when I went for a run in Abbeville.  Big dogs didn't give me a moments notice, it's only the little ones that seem to get annoyed at my presence.

4) I am definitely a Taurus.  The stubborn Taurus in me wouldn't let myself give up even when I would have rather stayed in the bed or in the warm house rather than go running.

5) I like exercising every day.  I'm going to see if I can keep it up for a year.  Eek!  Not necessarily running every day because I'd like to spice it up, but I'm going to try to do something every day.  40 days down, 325 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment