Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Charlotte's Plan for Children

So, this past weekend, I was in a great deal of pain that the first doctor I saw said was likely a result of having too many children.  Brian explained to the girls that I was in pain from having babies.  The result?  This conversation with Charlotte.

Charlotte: Mom, I prayed to God not to give me a baby in my belly, so I won't end up like you.

Me: But then you won't be able to be a mommy like me.

Charlotte: Are there like orphanages in Georgia?

Me (not sure where we are going with this): I don't know.  There are shelters where some kids live who don't have parents.

Charlotte: Mom, when I'm grown up, like a teenager -

Me: Teenagers aren't grown ups.

Charlotte: Ok, when I'm a grown up, like a grown up, will you please take me to a hopeless shelter, so I can pick up my kid?  I'm just going to get a kid from the hopeless shelter.  You know, where kids are that no one wants.  Then, I'll just bring it back to our house here.

Later that same night....

Charlotte to Emma: I'm going to have a kid, but I'm not going to get married.

Emma: You have to get married to have a baby, Charlotte.

Charlotte: No, I am just going to get my kid from the hopeless shelter.  You can get kids there.  You can get married, Emma, but I am not.  I am not having a baby.  I'm having a kid from the hopeless shelter. You don't even like kissing, Emma, so why do you want to get married?

Result: Emma is thinking of getting a kid from the "hopeless" shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment