Monday, August 6, 2012

A Sad Day for Barbie

Charlotte was eager to tell me when I arrived home today about the death of her "favorite" Barbie.  After severe questioning of Emma and Cristina, she wasn't sure who broke the head off of the Belle Barbie, but she was pretty sure it was Cristina.  For the record, when it comes to anything, Emma and Charlotte blame it on Cristina. This brings us to dinner...

Charlotte: Today was a sad day.  Tonight, we are going to have a funeral for Belle.  Just her head is going to be at the funeral.

Me: That is pretty gross, Charlotte.

Charlotte: It is not.  She was my first Barbie and first Barbies are always special.

Me: She wasn't your first Barbie-

Emma: Yes, it was.  She got it for her birthday last year.

Me: No, it wasn't.  She had a Mulan Barbie before that.

Charlotte: Yeah, I had a Mulan Barbie and a Tiana Barbie.  So, this was my third Barbie and third Barbies are always special.

Emma: You just said first Barbies were always special.

Charlotte: Well, so are third Barbies.

Later tonight, Charlotte decided to hold the funeral for the Belle Barbie with just the head as promised.  She was/is keeping the head in a little wooden box.  As I indicated earlier, it is creepy.  Anyway, she is sitting on the floor in the living room singing, while holding the Belle Barbie head: "You were my best friend.  We did everything together, but now you're dead and all I have is your head."  Jasmine, Dolly, and My Little Pony were there to pay their respects.

Let's all have a moment of silence for Belle Barbie, whose head will reside indefinitely in a small box in Charlotte's bed.



2 comments: