Monday, August 13, 2012

The First Day

Well, the first day of school was success.   The girls were swarming me when I came in the door from work.  Charlotte was excited to tell me about kindergarten. "Kindergarten was great and I didn't even go to the principal's office on my first day!  Can you believe it?"  I'm a little concerned that Charlotte's goal for the first day was to not go to the principal's office.  It's not like she was in trouble all the time in pre-K!  Crazy girl.

After dinner, Charlotte had a little questionnaire that she had to complete and turn in to her teacher.  One of the questions was, "What do you hope to learn in kindergarten?"  Charlotte's response: "Teacher things, so I can take Mrs. Lisa's place in pre-K, since she is tired all the time."  For awhile now, Charlotte has been saying she wanted to take her pre-K teacher's place.  I'm sure Mrs. Lisa was tired all the time, since she was pregnant the whole school year and had her baby girl two weeks after school ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment