Thursday, June 30, 2011

Living in the Moment

Brian totally called me out for yesterday's post.  He said I wasn't living in the moment.  So, I'm going to share a funny story from today.  It might be just a little jab at Brian for calling me out.  First, I have to share a little backstory.
In January, we made the decision that we could only handle four children, so we decided we needed an effective form of birth control.  You know, something more effective than an IUD.  Brian decided on a vasectomy.  He went in and got snipped.  He left with instructions to return with a sample after twenty emissions or six weeks whichever came first.  (No pun intended.)  That brings us to today's story.

Brian went in this morning to drop off his sample.  When he is checking in at the lab, the receptionist is confused as to why he is bringing in a second sample.  According to her records, a sample was received on March 2 - six weeks after his procedure.  Brian tries explaining to her that this is not a second sample, while she keeps telling him that there is no order in the system for a second sample.  (Perhaps she was confused as to why it has taken him five months to get one sample in.) Finally, exasperated, Brian says, "Listen, I have four kids at home, I could barely get this sample."  That cracked the women up and she finally agreed to take it. 

3 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing about this. First the pun, and now Brian's response to that woman. Thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, my coworker thinks I'm a nut for hooting over this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really made me laugh too!

    ReplyDelete