Thursday, June 30, 2011

Since I'm a Doctor...

I have my M.D.*, so I can now diagnose medical problems in my children.  Most recently, I have diagnosed Ella with colic.  This child cries more than Emma, Charlotte, and Cristina combined. I'm pretty sure if she was my first child I would have tied my tubes myself.  At first, I thought maybe she wasn't getting enough attention and that is why she was crying all the time.  I quickly realized that was not the case considering that Brian and I have both spent hours trying to comfort her.  Emma, Charlotte, and Cristina have all done their part to try and soothe her.  It seems that none of us are very good at it and we are all starting to lose our patience with Ella.  Case in point....

Today, Cristina, Ella, and I were all sitting in the car while Brian was pumping gas. As usual, Ella was crying, while Cristina was trying to watch a movie.  After a few minutes, I hear Cristina say, "Shut up."  I turned around and she is staring at Ella.  Then, she pulls her pacifier** out of her mouth and says, "I SAID shut up."  I about died laughing.  When Cristina realized Ella wasn't going to stop crying, she sighed, looked at me and said, "Will you turn it up?"  (She was talking about the tv volume.)

*Mother's Diploma
**Don't judge.  We don't have the energy to get Cristina to give up her pacifier. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah....colic. Been there, done that. Just hang in there. I realize years later that Adam's colic was partly caused by his allergies that
    I didn't know about. He had severe allergies to egg, dairy, and peanuts and I am positive I was ingesting those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried changing my diet and not eating things that I think might upset her, but haven't really been able to pinpoint anything.

    ReplyDelete