Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cats

Have you seen the Iams catfood ad with the vet looking lovingly at a skinny gray cat with big ears?  The caption says, "My vet loves me inside and out."  This advertisement creeps me out.  Something about the way the vet is looking at the cat gives me the heebie-jeebies.  I just don't get the sentiment.  It might help if I was a cat lover.  Actually, it might help if I was an animal lover at all.

I haven't been an animal lover for a long time.  I have no interest in dogs, cats, gerbils, hamsters, or fish.  We tried fish once for Emma and one of the fish ended up being a cannibal and eating the other one.  I was grossed out and may have accelarated the death of the cannibal fish after it ate its buddy.  Anyway out of all animals, I seem to have the least amount of affection for cats. 

When I worked at Georgia Tech, my co-workers found my dislike of cats particularly hilarious.  To torture me, they showered me with cat gifts - magnets, lunchboxes, cards, and calendars.  It did wear me down a bit and I got a few laughs from the "Bad Cat" calendars.  Recently something happened to renew my distaste for all things feline.  One of the graduate assistant that works with me told me I had to watch an online dating service video.  Well, the video is of an avid cat lover who can barely complete a sentence about cats without breaking into tears.  I was seriously repulsed by the video.  Her tears and overwhelming affection for cats were just too much for me.  It was as creepy as the catfood advertisement.  It was enough cat for me for a long time!

1 comment:

  1. I love that video of the cat lady!!! Im so glad it made quite the impression on you :)

    ReplyDelete