Monday, July 11, 2011

Pavlov and Sleep

If only my girls would realize how lucky they are!  They can sleep whenever they want.  We practically beg them to take a nap and go to bed at night.  I wish someone would ask me to take a nap.  I would gladly oblige.  I'd be happy to sleep for eight hours at a time.

Last night was a particularly difficult bedtime at our house.  Cristina decided she didn't want to sleep in my bed - probably because Ella wouldn't stop fussing.  So, she goes back to her room and upset the sleeping arrangement in there.  By the end of the night, Charlotte and Ella were asleep in my bed and Emma and Cristina were sleeping on the pullout couch with Brian.  I found myself wishing then that I could train the girls to go to sleep at the ring of a bell....you know, like Pavlov's dogs.

Imagine, I ring a bell and all four kids fall asleep wherever they are at that moment.  Sleeping kids passed out all over the house....in front of the TV, in a pile of blocks in the playroom, on the toilet, and in the bouncy seat.  Then, I could easily pick them up and put them in their beds and find my own way to bed.  Hmm....gotta get me a bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment