Saturday, July 16, 2011

Emma @ Seven Years Old

Today is Emma's seventh birthday.  I can't believe how quickly seven years have gone by.  It's seems like it wasn't that long ago we were bringing her home from the hospital. 

She wanted to have her birthday at Uncle Jerry's pool, so all her cousins could come to her party.  We were all saying today that it doesn't seem that long ago that we were having her first birthday party here.

On Thursday, Emma went to work with me.  She was amusing herself listening to songs on my MP3 player.  At one point, I turned around from my computer and she was sitting cross-legged on the floor with a book on her lap, bopping her head and singing Blake Shelton's Honey Bee.  Suddenly, she was sixteen years old listening to music and reading teen magazines.  I felt like if I blinked she would age ten years! 

I am so thankful for the blessing that she is in my life.  She is so smart, creative, and funny!  I love her little seven year old self and enjoyed watching her at her party.  She has always been a waterbug and I was amazed watching her jump off the diving board and swim in the deep end of the pool.  When did she graduate from swimmies to freestyling?  She spent six hours in the pool today and insisted at 9:30 p.m. tonight that she had a little energy left. 

Happy birthday to Emma!

Here is a little trick that she was doing in the pool today.  I was impressed at her vertical jump and accuracy!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha "Hi, I'm a seven year old caterpillar!" That is so funny! :)

    ReplyDelete